Water Resources Engineering
- Watershed Studies
- Stream Restoration – Rosgen and Coastal Plain
- Storm Drainage
- Stormwater Management
- ESD to the MEP
- Construction Specifications
- Shop Drawing Reviews
- Construction Bid Support for Clients
- Construction Sequencing
- Permit Acquisition
- Public Presentations/Outreach
Water Resources Engineering Services From AB Consultants, Inc.
The Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area is home to several bodies of water, from the Potomac River to the Chesapeake Bay. With the region’s countless streams, lakes, ponds and other smaller aquatic ecosystems, AB’s water resources engineering services are a major component of most of our projects. From stormwater management to erosion control, our water resources division is skilled in all areas of aquatic engineering.
An Overview of AB’s Water Resources Engineering Services
Our water resources department takes on several different types of projects and responsibilities. Some of our major services include:
- Stream Restoration: Our stream restoration services include everything from the initial stream assessment phase through design and construction oversight. AB will also provide data collection, hydrologic and hydraulic evaluations, watershed modeling, floodplain analysis, erosion and sediment control, engineer’s estimate, specifications and as-builts. AB has extensive experience with Rosgen Stream Classification methods, 2000 Maryland Stormwater Design I&II and SWM Guidelines for state and federal projects, NEPA regulations, TR-55, TR-20, TR-66, HY-8, HEC-1, HEC-2, HEC-RAS, GIS-Hydro, environmental assessments, Section 404 JD, NPDES and environmental permitting.
- Stormwater Management: AB has been providing high-quality stormwater management services for many years. On top of storm drain designs and retrofits, our staff also inspects stormwater management facilities to ensure owners are maintaining them and adhering to a basic set of standards. Poorly maintained facilities do little to improve water quality, and AB strives to achieve the highest water quality possible on all project sites.
- Erosion Control and Rainwater Testing: Along with our other water resource services, erosion control is heavily dependent on the level of water quality at a project site. In order to collect this data, AB’s water resources staff heads outside, often at odd hours, to collect rainwater samples for testing. Whether it’s 2 p.m. or 2 a.m., you can count on our team to collect sufficient rainwater samples, then test them accurately to identify any pollutants from adjacent areas.
Our water resources division works in conjunction with our environmental group, survey division, utility engineering department, subsurface utility engineering (SUE) department and geotechnical group. Based on the information we gather at the job site, the water resource division can go forward with the necessary storm drain designs.
Contact AB for More Information About Our Water Resources Engineering Services
To learn more about AB’s water resources engineering services and how we can contribute to the success of your project, contact us today. We proudly serve clients in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware and Virginia.
Need Help ?
Please Feel Free To Contact Us.