- Pavement Condition Surveys
- Hiker/Biker/Trail Material Recommendations
- Pavement Section Designs
- Foundation Geotechnical Data
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth and Retaining Wall Design Data
- Ground Improvement Measures
- Structure/Earth Movement Detection
- Non-Destructive Testing Evaluations
- Determination of Geophysical Conditions and Site Seismic Parameters
- Bearing Capacity Cerifications
- Suitability Recommendations for Stormwater Management Measures
- Pile Depth and Bearing Determinations
- Material Test Reviews, Analyses and Recommendation Reports
Geotechnical Engineering Services From AB Consultants, Inc.
AB Consultants has engineers and geologists with significant experience in all aspects of geotechnical engineering. From subsurface drilling over land and water to investigating failed foundations, slopes and retaining structures, our geotech department has the expertise and knowledge to perform a range of services within this field.
AB’s Geotechnical Engineering Services in Baltimore, Washington and Surrounding Areas
Our firm’s expertise in geotechnical investigations encompasses subsurface soil drilling, non-destructive testing, and the determination of geophysical conditions and seismic parameters of a given site.
Specific geotechnical engineering services from AB can include anything related to:
- Subsurface investigations
- Pavement condition surveys
- Mechanically stabilized earth-retaining structures
- Pavement design
- Foundation design
- Ground-improvement measures
- Protection against landslides and rock fall
- Evaluation of karst topography and abandoned underground mines
- Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring services
- Movement detection surveys
- Groundwater and soil contamination and remediation
- Environmental impact studies
- Wetland delineations
- Materials sampling and testing
We have experience with geotechnical projects that involve subsurface drilling over land and water. Our team will determine the bearing conditions and depths of existing piles, as well as the bearing capacity of shallow and deep foundation-bearing materials.
Other examples of AB’s geotechnical engineering experience and capabilities include:
- NDT determination of bedrock depths and profile utilizing Smarteis R24
- Investigation of failed foundations, slopes and retaining structures
- Determination of site parameters for the design of stormwater management facilities
- Boring Log Preparation using gINT 6.0
- Plan production for geotechnical engineering projects for ground and foundation improvements in MicroStation 2004
Our In-House Materials Testing Laboratory
AB is one of the few prime firms in the Baltimore-Washington area that offers material sampling and testing in addition to our other geotechnical engineering services. Our in-house material testing laboratory for concrete, soil, asphalt and aggregate allows us to offer our clients this unique package deal.
After laboratory testing is complete, our geotechnical staff enters the results into computer software for preparation of boring logs, sieve analysis graphs, moisture content curves and analysis for slope stability, pile capacity, ground-bearing capacity, embankment, pavement design and strength evaluation.
Located at our Lanham location, AB’s laboratory is accredited under the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s AASHTO/ASTM Laboratory Accreditation Program.
Contact AB for More Information About Our Geotechnical Engineering Services
To learn more about AB’s geotechnical engineering services and how we can contribute to the success of your project, contact us today. We proudly serve clients in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware and Virginia.
Need Help ?
Please Feel Free To Contact Us.